Brooksville, Florida

Pictures of historical buildings and houses in Brooksville, Florida and some information about them. Browse the images below to visit this historic Florida town.

Chinsegutt BW

The first section of what is now know as the Chinsegutt Hill Manor House, located near Brooksville, Florida, was started in 1847 by Colonel Byrd Pearson who named it Tiger Tail Hill. In 1866 Colonel Russel Snow gained control of the plantation and renamed the house Snow Hill. By the turn of the century the verandas and third floor had veen added. In 1904 the property was acquired by Raymond and Margaret Robbins and renamed Chinsegutt Hill. The property is currently under the control of the University of South Florida and used as a meeting center

Click image for full picture.

A Glimpse of Yesteryear BW

The first section of what is now know as the Chinsegutt Hill Manor House, located near Brooksville, Florida, was started in 1847 by Colonel Byrd Pearson who named it Tiger Tail Hill. In 1866 Colonel Russel Snow gained control of the plantation and renamed the house Snow Hill. By the turn of the century the verandas and third floor had veen added. In 1904 the property was acquired by Raymond and Margaret Robbins and renamed Chinsegutt Hill. The property is currently under the control of the University of South Florida and used as a meeting center

Click image for full picture.

Chinsegutt

The first section of what is now know as the Chinsegutt Hill Manor House, located near Brooksville, Florida, was started in 1847 by Colonel Byrd Pearson who named it Tiger Tail Hill. In 1866 Colonel Russel Snow gained control of the plantation and renamed the house Snow Hill. By the turn of the century the verandas and third floor had veen added. In 1904 the property was acquired by Raymond and Margaret Robbins and renamed Chinsegutt Hill. The property is currently under the control of the University of South Florida and used as a meeting center

Click image for full picture.

A Glimpse of Yesteryear

The first section of what is now know as the Chinsegutt Hill Manor House, located near Brooksville, Florida, was started in 1847 by Colonel Byrd Pearson who named it Tiger Tail Hill. In 1866 Colonel Russel Snow gained control of the plantation and renamed the house Snow Hill. By the turn of the century the verandas and third floor had veen added. In 1904 the property was acquired by Raymond and Margaret Robbins and renamed Chinsegutt Hill. The property is currently under the control of the University of South Florida and used as a meeting center.

Click image for full picture.

Southern Mansion

The first section of what is now know as the Chinsegutt Hill Manor House, located near Brooksville, Florida, was started in 1847 by Colonel Byrd Pearson who named it Tiger Tail Hill. In 1866 Colonel Russel Snow gained control of the plantation and renamed the house Snow Hill. By the turn of the century the verandas and third floor had veen added. In 1904 the property was acquired by Raymond and Margaret Robbins and renamed Chinsegutt Hill. The property is currently under the control of the University of South Florida and used as a meeting center

Click image for full picture.

May-Stringer House

The May-Stringer House at 601 Museum Ct./602 Jefferson Street in Brooksville, Florida is the home of the Hernando Historical Museum. Originally bult in 1856 as a two-story, four-romm house by John May, It was purchased by Dr. Sheldon Stringer and remodeled to its current four stories, 14 rooms and seven gables in the 1870's. It is done in the Queen Anne Style with gingervread trim.

Click image for full picture.

May-Stringer House Front Porch

The front porch of the May-Stringer House in Brooksville, Florida.

The May-Stringer House at 601 Museum Ct./602 Jefferson Street in Brooksville, Florida is the home of the Hernando Historical Museum. Originally bult in 1856 as a two-story, four-romm house by John May, It was purchased by Dr. Sheldon Stringer and remodeled to its current four stories, 14 rooms and seven gables in the 1870's. It is done in the Queen Anne Style with gingervread trim.

Click image for full picture.

Roy Chelf House

The Roy Chelf House was built in 1905, in the Colonial Revival Style in Brooksville, Florida at 310 Howell.

Click image for full picture.

28 Irene Street

A beautiful house at 28 Irene Street in Brooksville, Florida.

Click image for full picture.

38 Irene Street

A beautiful home built circa 1905-8, with a well kept yard, at 38 Irene Street in Brooksville, Florida as a fine art print for the walls of your home or office.

A cypress tree beside the house and a magnolia in the front yard were planted when the house was built making both over a hundred years old.

Click image for full picture.

W.E. Law House

Located at 58 Irene Street in Brooksville, Florida, the W.E. Law House built in the 1890's is a nice example of the colonial revival style.

Click image for full picture.

58 Irene Street

Located at 58 Irene Street in Brooksville, Florida, the W.E. Law House built in the 1890's is a nice example of the colonial revival style.

Click image for full picture.